Friday, October 19, 2007

Wisconsin Virtual Assistant Virtual Humor

I have decided to bring a little brevity to the Virtual Assistant world. One Virtual Assistant suggested one time that I put all of my stories into a book for folks to read and learn with humor.

Rule number one: Get a contract signed up front.

Isn't that one obvious? Not to some of us especially when we are first starting out. However, after getting paid in grape jelly, the point was hitting home. I wondered how I could pay my mortgage with this grape jelly? Maybe I could slather some on my pay stub and mail it in. How much grape jelly slathering would I have to do to cover the amount of my mortgage? I had another client (because some of us take a while for the basics to sink in) that paid me in pasta. Could I barter with Toyota on my car payment for pasta and pesto? Gee, it was pretty good sauce, would I have to send in the entire container for the payment?

Just a little brevity for a Friday. Take care everyone and remember get a contract signed up front!

Very best regards,
Gretchen Koehler-Swaney
Prairie Business Partners LLC
www.prairiebusinesspartners.com

No comments: